Sunday, March 6, 2011

Social Network Sites

Social Networking Sites:
  1. What was the target audience for this social networking site?
   Sixdegrees.com was the first networking site. It was developed so that people     could reconnect with old and new friends by sending messages to each other.
  1. How long was the site in existence? The site was created in 1997 – 2000 when in shut down.
  2. Why was it popular? What was its demise?  It was popular. Millions of people set up profiles and had a few friends but they where not expand on the network like we are able to now. People did not have back then the network of friends that they are able to have now.
  3. Is/was there another competitor in the same market that was more popular?
When Sixdegrees.com first started these was no other social networking site. 5 other ones came along during the time frame.  As the years have gone on with Social Networking sites they have become very popular and many people use them for lots of different ways of communicating. 
  1. Would you ever consider creating an account and using it?  I do use a Social Networking site. It took me a long time to try one. The one that I am using has been around since 2006 and I did not try it until 2010. I am not one who even uses it to its full potential, but I do enjoy keeping up with family and friends.
After reading this article I never new that there were so many different sites to choose from. I had no idea that Social Networking had been around for so long. I am not sure if I am ready to explore any of others ones, but I do know that I have a lot more options in the way I communicate then just through an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment