Sunday, March 13, 2011

Online Photo Sharing

Online Photo Sharing:
I might use the one of the online photo sharing websites to help my students study science and social studies since we do not have textbooks. I would use the core standards to help me decide what I should be teaching based on my grade level and then I could create lesson-using picture that would teach my students about that topic. I could label through out my picture important part of the picture or history of the picture or place.
After reading and listening to all of the ways to use photo sharing it has definitely peaked my interest.   I like the idea that you tag a photo by its location and then you could locate that place on a map for your students to get a bigger picture of where the place is located.  I know that I have used the web to talk about space and the space shuttle, but I had not thought about how much more I could bring to my students by using the photo sharing system.
Another idea is that I try and take many pictures of my class and everything that they do throughout the school year. I could use the program to make an on line scrapbook for parents to see what there child is doing in class or all of the fun activities that we are doing that the parents are not able to come for all of the time. The online photo sharing could be limited to parent viewing only with their child. I could write captions with each picture of what was being taught or the event that we where participating in.  The students could help in the wring process when we document our activity.. 
I know that they are many more ways that I could use photo sharing in my classroom, but this could be a good start. Photo sharing has great possibilities on how you could incorporate it in to the classroom. I will have to look into this process on how I would use this to help my students with their academic achievements. 

1 comment:

  1. Photo sharing can provide so many avenues, its use could be in every topic. A simple thing to cover so much.

    ReplyDelete