Sunday, February 27, 2011

Using WIkis in Classrooms and Online Courses

How might I incorporate a Wiki in my class?
I created a wiki based on the information that I am learning about on Smartboards. I have listed blogs, interactive web sites and media on how to use the Smartboard in your classroom. The interactive web sites that I listed in my wiki will allow my students to have access to many different hands on program that will work with our Smartboard or they will work with a mouse as long as you have the software needed to run the programs. 

What would the purpose be?
            The purpose of my wiki is to educate students about the use of the Smartboard in the classroom and all that it has to offer. The Smartboard can really bring your work to life. You have so many functional hands on tools that you do not have by just using your computer in class. This will give your students the chance to teach the class.

The content that my wiki might have?
Media videos that show how to use the Smartboard, websites that help give ideas on interactive activates or lessons that could be used in the classroom. I also could use blogs or other wikis that could give use new ideas on the software that runs the boards.

What would the expectations be of your students to contribute to the wiki?
I know that after looking at many different types of wiki’s,  I can see how I might be able to share them with my students. We could look at different wiki’s to help us understand a certain topic that might go with our next lesson or create wiki as a whole class based on a theme that we are learning at that time and my students could create it by using the knowledge that they have learned through out the lesson.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you have added the wiki link to your blog here. Very nice!

    And, your blog has some other great links as well! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete